I am the 2 am text message

I am the 2 am text message you read with your eyes squinted because of the light from the phone.

I am the introduction section of the first page in your English journal.

I am the songs of Faber Drive and Silverstein playing inside the small house at dusk.

I am the perfume left on your chest and on your arms.

I am the old Levi's cap you own.

I am the guitar key chain with your name embossed on it.

I am the first dance of your night during the Nutrition Ball in school.

I am the letter V in the table of elements in your Chemistry class. I am the books you see and the poems you read..

I am the place at the back of the church. I am the big mango tree under on the abandoned bridge. I am the secret places you've been to at night.

I am the bite-feeling on your lips and that smudge on your neck.

I am the tears. I am the laugh and secret smiles. I am the pictures we never take except for the one where I have red marks.

I am the Bench Capture that you smell everywhere.

I am your yahoo messenger and MMS. I am your frequent Facebook chat.

I am numbers 21, 16, and 14. I am February, July and August.

I am your black shirt and your phone that smells like Lewis & Pearl.

I am the three promises we made before I leave for a faraway place.

I am the half-cooked pancit canton.

I am the songs Grow Old With You and Perfect Two.

I am the CR in the resort and the water under that giant fish and the Emperador glass and your cigarette.

I am the strands of hair on your hands.

I am the kisses on your ears, face, neck and lips.

I am the chuckle and that stare.

I am the 2 am text message.


(v.a.)

Comments

Popular Posts